Sunday, December 17, 2006

Kalighat

Rummy update: Stephen 5 - Kristen 1
We worked at Kalighat today, the home for the dying. It ended up being a good day to start on despite not really doing much. Kristen got to massage some people, but I spent most of my time washing sheets and blankets with a bunch of other internationals. I was really expecting there to be more christian volunteers but we were like the only ones. There were two Italian guys, one of which looked like a cross between Brian Hirschy and Matt Leis with a crazy sleeve tattoo. I also met a guy from Korea who is about our age and is staying down the street from us. We'll go back tomorrow and it is supposed to be more of a normal day where we'll interact with the people more. I think it will be good. Right now we're going to go get the greatest egg rolls known to man for lunch. There is a man with a broken arm that we've been trying to help, but he may be scamming us. We decided to help him anyway, but cut off the money. We'll give you the full story later, but pray that if we are being scammed, that the money goes to some good anyway (It was only like $10), and that if he's being honest about all of it, that his arm would be healed. That's all for now. -S

1 comment:

Schellhase said...

I've been wanting to write a comment on here for a while, but nothing pithy has come to mind, and I'm afraid of sounding hoaky. I love you two. I'm glad you're in India. I'm glad that somehow I'm there with you in my prayer and as a reader of this site. Grace and peace.